Interest Rate

Firstly, every time I call the customer service number on the website, I am transferred to a different person at least 4 different times before I can even talk to someone about why I am calling.I refinanced my WCC title loan through my credit union.

When my credit union tried to call WCC to get the payoff amount, they would not talk to them they were told I had to call them to give authorization. So I did. Then the credit union called again, and they would still not talk to them, this time they told them I had to fax them a written authorization to talk to my credit union to give them a payoff amount. The refused to do this via a conference call between me and them.

I jumped through all the hoops and they still refused to give a payoff amount to my credit union! It was not until I did a conference call and them not knowing my credit union was on, that they would give me the payoff amount. The credit union luckily only needed to hear it themselves. The payoff amount was WAY higher as they still had not credited my account with my recent payment (probably so they could charge more interest!) Now my credit union has given me the check to payoff the loan, I call WCC and get verification of where to send the payoff check, and with what.

I am told send it to the overnight address (and had them read it to me, I verify by reading back to them) I send it certified, I have verification that it was received on 8/21/2017, today on 9/5/2017 they still are not showing my payment as received. When I call them they say to call back and check the next day and that i should have written my account number on the check. When I called to verify the address to send it to, I explained it was a bank draft check with my name on it, and they said that was fine, to send it with a copy of my latest statement in the same envelope. So I did just that.

I am very furious and so thankful I will be clear of this company! I know I signed up for the high interest title loan in a moment of desperation, but little did I know I was also signing up for a lot of headaches because of poor customer service and shady business practices.

Luckily my credit union is highly reputable and are working to get proof that the payment cleared, so that I can verify they received their money and I can get my title transferred.IF AT ALL POSSIBLE AVOID THIS COMPANY if you are paying high interest at least be able to get some decent customer service for that price.

Review about: Wilshire Credit Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Process my payoff amount and transfer my title.

I didn't like: Customer service, Rudeness, Payment processing.

Had an Experience with Wilshire Credit?

Comments

WCCCustomerService

Hello, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the negative customer experience you encountered.

Providing great customer service is our main goal.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account information.Please contact us at your earliest convenience at CustomerExperience@westlakefinancial.com, so that we can further assist you.