Interest Rate

A little over a year ago my son was diagnosed with Leukemia.In order to have the funds to fly cross country for treatment we turned to Wilshire consumer for title loan.

We were quoted a ridiculous payment of 951 a month. I know it was our choice to accept the terms but at the time getting our sons treatment was not optional. We've managed to struggle to make the payment for 14 months. So we borrowed 12k (7 to pay off the prior loan on the vehicle and 4 was cash for treatment).

So in 14 months we have paid over 13,000 yet our balance is still 11k. With the increase in medical bills we fell behind in payments. Again our fault. I called Wilshire to make arrangements.

Guess what, customer service didn't note anything. Last night at 11 pm the repo man knocked on the door demanding keys and took our van. To get the van back I was told to pay 2100. I pulled the funds that were to be used for my sons treatments, some minor Christmas gifts for him, food, the electric bill, basically every penny available.

I had to western union the money. The repo company still wont let me pick up our vehicle

till tomorrow morning. We missed a chemo treatment today due to no vehicle. I have begged to have the terms of the loan reviewed and put to a more reasonable payment amount.

But Wilshire didn't care. I have paid the money that was loaned to me and then some yet they want more. I am terrified on how I will keep up and that will never be able to pay this loan and take care of my boy. I am sure Wilshire wants to take our car.

Taking this loan was our choice but this is truly predatory lending praying on the desperate and I don't know how I legal.

Wilshire has ruined our lives, Christmas is now canceled, my sons health was effected.Stay away at all costs.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). laescobedo is overall dissatisfied with Wilshire Credit. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wilshire Credit.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Wilshire Credit to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wilshire Credit?

Comments

WCCCustomerService

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Wilshire Consumer Services.We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner.If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at

800-589-0290.