Interest Rate

Very similar situation to another posting

informed Westlake Financial Services/Wilshire Consumer Credit via Email that I was enrolled in a Credit Counseling Program, included in the Email was the name of the agency and contact information for my counselor; however, Westlake Financial Services/Wilshire Consumer Credit repossessed my car October 24, 2015.I never received of a notice of repossession (which is stipulated in my contract), reinstatement documents or post repossession information.

I had to pay two months of payments and repossession fees) to get my car back.I sent 851.00 via Western Union October 24, 2014

and when I contacted them I was rudely informed that they still wouldn't release my car until I sent them proof of income, residency, copy of auto insurance and three references, and the representative requested that I fax the documents and

Pay additional cost to the tow truck/storage company in cash up to release of my car to me from storage October 25,2014 $300 -just for one night!. And now almost 9 month's later, i find out after since i regained possession of my vehicle in October (paying for 2months @ $203+$444 repossession order& retrieval fees= $851.00 )they added the $444 fees to the the loan balance! So each pmt made since has been delayed and misapplied!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 06, 2015.

Comments

WCC just lost a class action lawsuit as a result of their multiple illegal violations under the FCRA and FTC over previous years. According to the order that was issued September 30, 2015, you (and everybody else) will be included in the settlement totaling about $48 million.

The order indicates WCC is required to locate and notify all those affected by the settlement. Update your contact info. with them so they can find you!! This is one of those class actions that is actually worthwhile and you may hopefully be able to incur damages.

Their lying about releasing vehicles if borrowers made partial payments was one of the charges included. They were charged with illegal and unfair debt collection practices by impersonating other businesses during phone calls and not notifying borrowers that changing payment due dates would incur additional penalties and interest.

CFPB Continues Drive to Clean Up Auto Lending

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) settled with Westlake Services, LLC and wholly-owned subsidiary Wilshire Consumer Credit, LLC (“Westlake”), resolving allegations that the indirect auto lender and title loan company violated the Consumer Financial Protection Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Truth in Lending Act.

The CFPB alleged that Westlake deceived borrowers by using call spoofing technology to make borrowers think they were being called by repossession companies, investigation or enforcement divisions, flower delivery companies, and even the borrowers’ family and friends. The CFPB alleged that, in some cases, Westlake’s goal was to trick the borrower into making additional payments to avoid repossession and, in other cases, it was to discover the location of a vehicle so it could be repossessed.

In addition, Westlake allegedly called borrowers’ employers, family, and friends and disclosed loan information.

The CFPB also alleged that Westlake marketed its services deceptively, in part by using the monthly rate and failing to disclose the annual percentage rate as required by law.

Westlake also allegedly changed the terms of the loans without the borrowers’ permission, causing greater amounts of interest to accrue.

Under the Consent Order Westlake is required to provide $44.1 million to consumers in both cash relief and reductions in their balance. Westlake is also required to pay a civil penalty of $4.25 million to the CFPB, and to alter its advertising and loan servicing practices to comport with the law."

WCCCustomerService

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Wilshire Consumer Services. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at

800-589-0290.